Zelda is a character in the The Legend of Zelda series.
Zelda appears in most games and is the princess of Hyrule in all of them except for Skyward Sword. Zelda also often holds the Triforce of Wisdom and is known to be the incarnation of the Goddess Hylia.
- Dark Zelink - the ship between Dark Link and Zelda
- GaZelda - the ship between Ganondorf and Zelda
- GhiraZel - the ship between Ghirahim and Zelda
- Grooselda - the ship between Groose and Zelda
- Zelink - the ship between Link and Zelda
- Helda - the ship between Zelda and Hilda
- MidZelda - the ship between Zelda and Midna
- ZelImpa - the ship between Zelda and Impa
- Main article: Grooselda
Groose's crush on Zelda was always unrequited. In fact, she found him to be very annoying for bullying Link and trying to rig the wing ceremony. However, after she was captured, Groose followed Link to the surface and was willing to do anything to help save her. He even caught Zelda and saved her from a fatal fall. When Zelda stayed on the surface with Link, she and Groose waved goodbye to each other, suggesting that they were on better terms.
- Main article: Zelink
Zelda's relationship with the hero Link varies from game to game. In the Minish Cap and Skyward Sword, the two are childhood friends. However, in most other games, she does not even meet him until after he begins his journey to save the world. One thing remains a constant and that's Zelda's faith in Link's ability to save the world. She sometimes is even able to recognize that he might be the hero of destiny. Some games even imply a possible romance between Zelda and Link.
Princess Zelda is one of the most popular characters in the Zelda fandom because she is one of the main characters. Her involvement varies from game to game so her popularity does as well. A lot of fans like the Zelda from Ocarina of Time because of the plot twist with Zelda being disguised as Sheik. Many were also surprised to see that Tetra from Wind Waker is also an incarnation of the princess. Zelda is most often shipped with Link but she is occasionally shipped with others such as Ganondorf.
- The late Robin Williams named his daughter Zelda after the titular princess as he was a fan of the series.