Sheith is a slash ship between Takashi Shirogane and Keith in the Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
Before Keith and Shiro became the Red and Black Paladins, they met at an undetermined point in the Galaxy Garrison, with Keith becoming a classmate of Lance, and possibly Hunk and Matt.
While exactly what transpired is unknown, Keith has frequently stated in the show that it deeply affected him, even saying in the premiere for Season 3, episode 1, that "Shiro was the only one that didn't give up on me - I won't give up on him."
It has been confirmed in canon that Shiro is the most important person in Keith's life. In the Blade of Marmora, Keith's suit allowed him to hallucinate his greatest hopes and fears. In the first hallucination, Shiro appears as Keith's greatest hope, while the hallucination-induced Shiro subsequently insulting him and leaving as his greatest fear.
Shiro and Keith are, engaging in a lot of casual and comforting touches. This is exclusively between them, and they are not shown to exhibit similar behavior with the other paladins.
Likewise, they are very comfortable with each other, and Keith is the only person Shiro allows himself to be truly vulnerable with.
FanonAlong with Klance, the ship has really taken off for modern audiences in the last year and the year now. This is thanks to Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 2, produced by Studio Mir (Legend of Korra). A lot of the writers and directors for Voltron migrated from Korra, famed for it's bisexual ending, and have made comments concerning possible LGBT+ content.
People often claim Sheith is pedophilia, but because neither Keith nor Shiro are prepubescent children, that's incorrect. People often claim official ages for Keith and Shiro, however as many different ages have been mentioned by many different official sources, there are no definitive set ages for Keith or Shiro, as there also isn't for any of the other paladins. The ship has been acknowledged by various members of the production team since the show first aired, further supporting it as a ship for fans to enjoy. These instances include:
- Members of the production team such as Chris Palmer, Steve Ahn, Christie Tseng, and Lauren Montgomery liking Sheith fan art on various social media platforms.
- Voice Actors such as Bex Taylor-Klaus and Josh Keaton mentioning the ship on several occasions on social media.
- Members on the staff such as Chris Palmer and Kim Il Kwang produced art that emphasizes the bond between Shiro and Keith, and are often viewed with romantic undertones.
Although the ship is not confirmed in canon, many fans still enjoy the ship's dynamic in a fanon environment due to the close connection and deep connection Keith and Shiro have shown in the past two seasons.
- As of August 8, 2017, Keith has been confirmed 18, making Sheith 100% fine.
These are quotes that are commonly considered "Sheith quotes" aka quotes that are usually associated with the romantic pairing of Shiro/Keith
- "At this moment, your friend desperately wants to see you." - Kolivan, Blade of Marmora
- "It's good to have you back." - Keith, The Rise of Voltron.
- "It's good to be back." - Shiro, The Rise of Voltron
- "If it wasn’t for you, my life would have been a lot different.” - Keith, Across the Universe
- "Shiro is the only person who didn’t give up on me - I won't give up on him." Keith, Changing of the Guard
- "It's good to have you back." - Shiro, The Ark of Taujeer
- "It's good to be back." Keith, The Ark of Taujeer
- "It's killing me when you're away." - Keith, unconfirmed. Fans deciphered this from the notes on the shack in the first episode.
- Keith pilots the red lion, which forms the right hand of Voltron. Thus making him the right-hand man of Shiro, who lost his right arm to the galra.
- Keith is part Galra, and Shiro's right hand was replaced by a Galran prosthetic.
- The ship name was coined by Shiro's voice actor, Josh Keaton
- Shiro's bayard power is the blazing sword, and it's a joke within the community that Shiro lights Keith's fire