Phil Coulson is a character from the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. series with several appearances in the films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
List of Ships
- CoulSimmons - is the het ship between Jemma Simmons and Phil Coulson.
- Coulsarcy - is the het ship between Darcy Lewis and Phil Cousin.
- Phillinda - is the het ship between Melinda May and Phil Coulson.
- Philharmonic - is the het ship between Audrey Nathan and Phil Coulson
- Skoulson - is the het ship between Daisy Johnson and Phil Coulson.
- CoulWhip - is the het ship between Natasha Romanoff and Phil Coulson.
- ClintCoulson - is the slash ship between Clint Barton and Phil Coulson.
- Capsicoul - is the slash ship between Steve Rogers and Phil Coulson.
- Coulki - is the slash ship between Loki and Phil Coulson.
- CoulFitz - is the slash ship between Leo Fitz and Phil Coulson.
- Iron Agent - is the slash ship between Tony Stark and Phil Coulson.
- SHIELD Daddies - is the slash ship between Nick Fury and Phil Coulson.
- Thunder Nanny - is the slash ship between Thor and Phil Coulson.
- Wardson - is the slash ship between Grant Ward and Phil Coulson.
- Phil Coulson/Lola - is the cargo ship between Phil Cousin and his car, Lola.
Unlike many characters in the MCU, Phil Coulson does not originate in the comics but was created as a secondary character in the Avengers franchise. Later, he appears as one of the main characters in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Coulson is an avid connoisseur and collector of antiques and memorabilia, particularly in regard to S.H.I.E.L.D and superheroes. Coulson grew up being a huge fan of Captain America, acquiring a vintage Captain America Card Collection over the course of two years.
Phil Coulson first appeared as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and he served as one of the organization's best operatives. He acted alongside Director Nick Fury. He was put in charge of surveillance and served as the primary operative in Fury's Avengers Initiative. Agent Coulson also investigated the incident with Thor and the Destroyer and into the Stark Industries: Sector 16 and the incident on the Howard Stark Memorial Freeway.
During the Attack on the Helicarrier, Agent Coulson was killed by Loki, pushing the Avengers to stop the Chitauri invasion. On the orders of Director Fury, Coulson was brought back to life using treatments developed by Project T.A.H.I.T.I., a project which he had formerly presided over. To preserve his sanity after he was healed, all memory of these events were removed from his mind.
Later, Coulson returned to S.H.I.E.L.D. and leads a new team with Grant Ward, Melinda May, Leo Fitz, Jemma Simmons and later Skye. While on this team, Coulson discovered the truth about the events after his death.
During the HYDRA Uprising, he finds that a member of his team betrayed him. But he continued to lead his team against the forces of HYDRA, attempting to stop his former colleague, John Garrett, winning the final battle in which Garrett was ultimately defeated. After the battle, Nick Fury appointed him the new Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
To revive him, Coulson was injected with alien DNA that forced to draw the ancient map of a Kree city. Along with Skye, he searches for the alien city where Skye and Raina go through the process of terragenesis. After Skye finds an inhuman settlement led by her mother, Coulson is forced into a war between the Inhumans and S.H.I.E.L.D. In this battle, Coulson loses his left arm.
Originating from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phil Coulson was later added into the main universe in 2012. Since he was young, Coulson is obsessed with superheroes and constantly tracked and studied them. He became friends with Marcus Johnson when part of the armed forces. Johnson's mother was later killed and Coulson aided him in destroying Leviathan. After this, Coulson was appointed as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
He later joined S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Secret Avengers initiative and was responsible for the recruitment of its first members. In one of the team's first big missions, he faced off against Dormammu to prevent the human kind from turning into Mindless Ones.
Coulson briefly appeared in the Ultimate universe as an S.H.I.E.L.D. agent until it was dismantled. He later became the head of the Future Foundation.
Since his appearance in Iron Man, Coulson is a popular character and is beloved by many fans. His scenes as a supporting character were loved and is possibly the most popular supporting character. Coulson was shipped with a variety of characters, but the most popular was ClintCoulson. As Clint was an S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, many wrote about both characters interaction.
After Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premiered, Coulson became more popular with Philinda and Skoulson, although many still shipped ClintCoulson. Many fans loved his interaction with the characters and his beloved car, Lola.
In fanfiction, ClintCoulson is the most popular pairing on AO3 with the majority of fics under Teen ratings. He is also regularly seen in Fluff fanfictions. Many fanfiction writer also tag their works with "Pheel", is a variant of feels, used to describe how characters or fans feel about events in the movies or fanfiction.
Notable Fanfiction, Communities and Resources
- This section is in need of major improvement. Please help improve this article by editing it.
- Phill Coulson is portrayed by Clark Gregg in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.