- “You have a festival for tuna?”
- —Percy, The Son of Neptune.
Percy is the son of Poseidon and Sally Jackson. He is also the former praetor of the Roman Legion at Camp Jupiter and Head Counselor of Cabin 3 at Camp Half-Blood.
- Perachel - the ship between Percy and Rachel Elizabeth Dare
- Percabeth - the ship between Percy and Annabeth Chase
- Pereyna - the ship between Percy and Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano
- Perlypso - the ship between Percy and Calypso
- Pipercy - the ship between Percy and Piper McLean
- Perzoe - the ship between Percy and Zoe Nightshade
- Perlia - the ship between Percy and Thalia Grace
- Pertemis - the ship between Percy and Artemis
- Cartercy - the ship between Percy and Carter Kane
- Frankercy - the ship between Percy and Frank Zhang
- Jercy - the ship between Percy and Jason Grace
- Lukercy - the ship between Percy and Luke Castellan
- Percico - the ship between Percy and Nico di Angelo
- Perleo- the ship between Percy and Leo Valdez
- Pertavian - the ship between Percy and Octavian
- Solackson - the ship between Percy and Will Solace
- Franjercy - the ship between Percy, Jason Grace, and Frank Zhang
- Frazercy - the ship between Percy, Hazel Levesque, and Frank Zhang
- Jasipercy - the ship between Percy, Jason Grace, and Piper McLean
- Jercico - the ship between Percy, Jason Grace, and Nico di Angelo
- Jercybeth - the ship between Percy, Jason Grace, and Annabeth Chase
- Jericleo - the ship between Percy, Leo Valdez, Jason Grace, and Nico di Angelo
- Lukercico - the ship between Percy, Luke Castellan, and Nico di Angelo
- Pipercabeth - the ship between Percy, Piper McLean, and Annabeth Chase
- Main article: Percabeth
Annabeth Chase is portrayed in the series as Percy's primary love interest and eventually becomes his girlfriend. When Percy first wakes up in The Lightning Thief, he describes her as a "pretty girl with princess curls."
She nursed him back to health after the Minotaur attack. Annabeth disliked Percy when Percy was claimed because their parents Athena and Poseidon were rivals. Percy eventually developed a crush on her as they both became fonder of each other. Aphrodite told him that they will have a "tragic love life." In The Mark of Athena, Annabeth admitted that she has had a crush on Percy since they were twelve. Annabeth also stated that she forgave her ridiculous boyfriend (Percy) for everything he's ever done wrong when she realized he rejected Reyna's love for hers.
Annabeth has kissed him (technically) only four times in the original series. Once, after winning the chariot race in The Sea of Monsters, though that was only on the cheek. In The Battle of the Labyrinth, she kissed him again for luck as she leaves him to fight the telekhines at Mount Saint Helens. When Percy disappeared, she described him as "the bravest friend I ever had". Then in the dining pavilion of Camp Half-Blood when Percy was trying to show his feelings towards her prior to all the other campers throwing them in the canoe lake in The Last Olympian and again underwater in the canoe lake which Percy described as "pretty much the best underwater kiss of all time."
Annabeth tells Piper McLean that Percy kissed her good night before he disappeared, in The Lost Hero. Percy mentions in The Son of Neptune that whenever he did something stupid Annabeth would kiss him, going on to say that she must have kissed him a lot, which meant he probably did stupid things a lot. In The Mark of Athena, they kiss many times: once when they reunite, once before Percy, Piper, and Jason leave to meet Bacchus, twice in the stables on the Argo II, once before Annabeth leaves with Piper and Hazel to search for a ghost at Charlestown Harbor, once before Annabeth goes to find the map for the Mark of Athena, once after Percy successfully defeats Chrysaor, and once before they depart (when Annabeth goes on a motorcycle with Tiberinus and Rhea Silvia.
Annabeth Chase was jealous for some time, of Rachel Elizabeth Dare, the clear-sighted mortal girl, because Percy spent a lot of time hanging out with her, but Annabeth eventually befriends her after Rachel became the Oracle. Annabeth has also shown jealousy toward Calypso when Percy arrived back at camp after being marooned for two weeks on Calypso's island of Ogygia.
In The Last Olympian, Annabeth states that Percy looks cute when he's worried. It is also well mentioned that she and Percy have officially become a couple and had been dating for four months before he disappeared a short time before The Lost Hero. When Percy went missing, Annabeth was out of sorts trying to find him (even counting how long it's been up to the minute). In the beginning of The Son of Neptune, Percy's only memory of his past life is Annabeth, but it is "frustratingly dim." As the story progressed, she becomes the first person he remembers fully. When the Argo II approaches, with Annabeth on it, Percy states that "If things went right, today would be the best day ever."
In Percy Jackson and the Staff of Hermes it is confirmed that they are dating. Percy forgets their one-month anniversary. To make up for it, he makes a deal with Hermes. The deal is that if Percy and Annabeth complete a quest to retrieve Hermes' staff from the fire-breathing giant Cacus, the god will take them to Paris. At the end, Hermes ends up taking them to Paris for their one-month anniversary.
Later, Percy gets furious at Hera when she states that Annabeth is a troublemaker and she will cause the most problems during the quest for Greece and Rome, in which Percy states, "She's the person I want most watching my back," and with a fist of water of anger he smashes Hera.
Percy also sees a possibility of a life of college and marriage with Annabeth while at Camp Jupiter when inside the protected city of New Rome. While they were having those two months of dating they had become closer, romantic and more loving toward each other.
When Luke Castellan was still around, Percy would get jealous about how Annabeth would get protective and caring toward him whenever he was accused. It was Luke, though, who made Percy realize his true feelings for Annabeth in The Last Olympian.
In The Mark of Athena, near the end of the book, they fall into Tartarus holding hands when Percy swears that he will never let her go again. In the The House of Hades, Annabeth and Percy's relationship faces its hardest challenges ever while they try to escape Tartarus. However, they make it through by mostly focusing on the life they want to have together in the future. After escaping Tartarus, their relationship has become stronger with Annabeth knowing that she wants nothing more than to have a happy and peaceful life with Percy, who has begun to seriously think about their future together and even the possibility of having a family. Annabeth also states that she doesn't want to break up with Percy and that if that does happen, she cannot look at the sea without getting reminded of her broken heart. Percy cares for her a lot, but he constantly thinks of sacrificing his life to save her, whereas Annabeth wants Percy to be alive, so that she can live with him. Towards the end, Annabeth kisses him, saying that she would tell Percy what she had in her mind about their future, after defeating Gaea.