To begin with, Oliver and Felicity's relationship consisted of minimal conversations and Felicity's hacking skills were used to assist Oliver on various missions as "The Hood", although Felicity didn't find out his secret identity until later. Oliver found her amusing on several occasions; most notably their first meeting. They first met in I.T. Department of Queen Consolidated. Upon introducing himself, Felicity accidentally mentioned his father's death, backtracking apologetically and ending up babbling at him. This amused Oliver. To her relief, he ignored her ramblings and gave her a bullet-ridden laptop, claiming that he'd spilled a latte on it, though she clearly did not believe Oliver's cover-story.
Felicity's tech assistance aided many of Oliver and Diggle's cases and Oliver seems less troubled by putting his faith in her than many other people he comes across. When Moira unwittingly shoots her son, Oliver asks Felicity for help, risking exposure of his secret identity. Assisting Diggle, Felicity helps save Oliver's life and a new era begins of the team becoming a trio. Although Felicity has some moral quibbles with Oliver's methods, she chooses to stay with the team and help them fight for justice in Star City. In 6x10 they finally get married and raise William happily as a family.
- “Don't ask me to say that I don't love you”
- “I love her so much”
- —Oliver Queen about Felicity
- Stephan Amell and Emily Bett Rickards are the captains of the ship due to their positive remarks.
- Olicity won the "Ship of the Year" award in the MTV Fandom Awards 2015 & 2016 Consecutively. Emily Bett Rickards published a small video in response to this, expressing her gratitude for the fans.
- In 2015, Olicity was the fourth most reblogged ship on Tumblr.