Mahiru Koizumi is a character in the Danganronpa series.
Mahiru Koizumi is one of the characters featured in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair and a participant in the Killing School Trip.
Mahiru's title is Ultimate Photographer.
Mahiru returns in Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School as a student enrolled in Hope's Peak Academy's Class 77-B with the other Remnants of Despair. Mahiru succumbed to despair along with her classmates after being brainwashed by Junko Enoshima and became a part of Ultimate Despair.
The Illusory Mahiru appears in the 30-minutes long OVA, Super Danganronpa 2.5: Nagito Komaeda and the Destroyer of the World as a part of Nagito Komaeda's imagination world.
At the end of Danganronpa 3, Mahiru and the other members of Ultimate Despair were cured by Hajime Hinata and awake from the Neo World Program. She and the other former members of Ultimate Despair set off to the Future Foundation's off-shore faculty to prevent Ryota Mitarai from using the hope brainwashing video. Mahiru and her classmates decided to atone for their sins as the former members of Ultimate Despair.
- Hinazumi - A het ship between Hajime Hinata and Mahiru Koizumi.
- Kazukoi - A het ship between Kazuichi Souda and Mahiru Koizumi.
- Soapies - A femslash ship between Mahiru Koizumi and Hiyoko Saionji.
- Her last name literally translates to “little fountain”, while her first name means “true noon”.
- Mahiru shares the same birthday with Aoi Asahina from Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.
- Similar to the victim in the second chapter of Danganronpa 2, Mahiru was killed via blunt force trauma to the head.
- Mahiru does not enjoy taking selfies because she finds them extremely embarrassing.
- According to her report card, she thought about going overseas to take pictures like her war photography mother.
- In Side: Despair it's revealed that Mahiru and Sato had gone to the same middle school prior to attending Hope's Peak Academy, however Mahiru appeared to have no memory of her friend while in the Neo World Program. Because of this, it is possible that all of Mahiru's memories of Sato were erased for unknown reasons.
- Kodaka revealed that Mahiru would be a good protagonist of a Danganronpa 3 spinoff due to her serious personality. She would probably think about how she and the former members of Ultimate Despair have to carry their sin.
- Mahiru's heights in both Japanese and English version is very similar to Mikan Tsumiki's both versions.