Glee is an American musical-comedy-drama television series that aired on the Fox network in the United States from May 19, 2009 to March 20, 2015.
This series follows an optimistic high school teacher as he tries to transform the school's Glee Club and inspire a group of ragtag performers to make it to the biggest competition of them all: Nationals. McKinley High School's Glee Club used to be at the top of the show choir world, but years later, a series of scandals have turned it into a haven for misfits and social outcasts. Will Schuester has offered to take on the Herculean task of restoring the Glee Club to its former glory. Even with the help of fellow teacher Emma Pillsburry, it won't be easy since the "brightest stars" of the pitch-imperfect club include Kurt (Chris Colfer), a nerdy soprano with a flair for the dramatic; Mercedes, a dynamic diva-in-training who refuses to sing back up; Arty), a geeky guitarist who attracts more bullies than girls; and Tina, an awkward girl who needs to suppress her stutter before her center stage solo.
Will's only hope lies with two true talents: Rachel, a perfectionist firecracker who is convinced show choir is her ticket to stardom; and Finn, the popular high school quarterback with movie star looks and a Motown voice who must protect his cool reputation with his holier-than-thou girlfriend, Quinn, and his arrogant teammate, Puck. Will is determined to do whatever it takes to make Glee great again, even though everyone around him thinks he's nuts. He's out to prove them all wrong-from his tough-as-nails wife Terri to McKinley's cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester to an ber-hip world that thinks jazz hands and sequined tuxedos litter the road to infamy rather than pave the way to Hollywood dreams.
- Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel
- Kevin McHale as Artie Abrams
- Lea Michele as Rachel Berry
- Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez
- Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina Cohen-Chang
- Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones
- Mark Salling as Noah Puckerman
- Heather Morris as Brittany Pierce
- Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans
- Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson
- Harry Shum Jr. as Mike Chang
- Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson
- Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury
- Dianna Agron as Quinn Fabray
- Anderberry – the ship between Rachel Berry and Blaine Anderson
- Finchel – the ship between Finn Hudson and Rachel Berry
- Hummelberry – the ship between Kurt Hummel and Rachel Berry
- Quick- Quinn and Puck
- Rydique – the ship between Unique and Ryder Lynn
- Blam – the ship between Sam Evans and Blaine Anderson
- Klaine – the ship between Blaine Anderson and Kurt Hummel
- Kam – the ship between Sam Evans and Kurt Hummel
- Brittana – the ship between Brittany Pierce and Santana Lopez
- Faberry – the ship between Quinn Fabray and Rachel Berry
- Quinntana – the ship between Santana Lopez and Quinn Fabray
Numerous and often, ship wars are arguments between fans who support different ships, and are especially common when two pairings have a character in common. A recent example of this is the ship war between the "Klainers" (who support Kurt/Blaine) and the "Kum" shippers (who support Kurt/Sam). Ship wars are particularly vicious within the Glee fandom, and can last quite a long time. Many occur on Tumblr, and can quickly turn personal.
One reoccurring ship war topic involves the "Kurtofsky" (Kurt/Karofsky) ship, which has attracted negative attention due to some fans' perception that Dave Karofsky was a sexual predator.